Monday, November 16, 2009

Study time

In the class syllabus that I got, my Anatomy and Physiology teacher said the following:
"It is important that you maximize your study time. It is common for a person to put in 2 hours of studying for every hour of class time."

So I have class Tue/Thu from 6PM-9PM (approximately, there are breaks in there between lab and lecture). That's 3 hours per day, 6 hours per week. Per my teacher's advice, I should be studying 12 hours/week. How much am I really studying?

I would say that I put in at least 20 hours of studying per week for my A&P class, sometimes up to 30 hours per week. Luckily my Human Development class doesn't require a lot of work, so my homework time is minimal. This, on top of 32 hours/week of working adds up to a lot of my time being occupied.

Today for example, I've put in at least 6 hours of studying. Tomorrow I plan to put in another 5-6. I have a lecture and a lab quiz tomorrow and need to get A's in both. This means lots of studying. I sure am looking forward to Christmas break when I'll just have work and no studying during my off time!

No comments:

Post a Comment