Saturday, March 6, 2010

life stuff

I'm in the holding pattern of the school application process, waiting to get the letter from the school saying yay or nay. Yes that's right...THE school. I know that I'm totally disobeying every "how to get into college 101" book that you are supposed to apply to a number of places, but I do have my strategy.

Basically OHSU doesn't require a year of chemistry. I'm not sure why but they don't. And I haven't taken any chemistry since high school. Most other accelerated bachelor's programs do require a year of chemistry. So I've applied to OHSU and if I don't get in I'll take the year of chemistry to open up more options for the next application go around, where I WILL apply to a number of programs. Plus I plan to do some volunteer work and try to take Spanish too. All that and continue my insane work schedule of early bird shifts 32 hours/week. Will I ever be able to stay up until 11PM without practically passing out asleep sometime in the future? I sure hope so!

So in the meantime I've got an early case of carpal tunnel that I'm battling due to my wonderful typing filled work shifts, the bureaucratic mess of having to deal with workman's comp, spring fever, and varying relationship stress factors (that I won't get into here) that are adding to my normal mix of living on the border between holding it together and losing it. Like I said to my coworker the other day..."Calgon, take me away!" OK wait a minute, I'm totally showing my age. Do they even still sell Calgon?

My latest nursing school pondering...how do nurses learn to give shots? I would imagine that practicing on each other might be challenging, but how else do they do it? Anyone know?

OK study break over, time to get back to the Anatomy lab final preparations!

No comments:

Post a Comment